Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Jesus didn't have no stinking blog!!!" and other non-relevant retorts

Wow! What a wonderful day! Everybody should have 4 hour staff meetings and then go off to the hospital to love those who need a pastor at the moment! Well, okay... maybe not the 4 hour staff meeting part. But my staff was amazing, as always! They hung right in. I thought they were giving me their all before. Imagine my surprise when they enthusiastically responded with joy and excitment when I told them that I wanted them to start doing weekly ministry blogs in order to help people stay informed and inspired! You'd have thought they had hit the lottery! Never have I seen such enthusiasm for a new opportunity to communicate ministry for Christ! They COULD have made one or more of several unvisionary complaints... things like "Jesus didn't have no stinking blog!" (Of course, my response would have been, "Nor did Jesus have a car, so turn your keys in!" *chuckles*) Nope. They were "ready to go!"

Now, just as soon as I show them HOW to blog, they'll be right up there on the cutting edge! I love these people soooooo very much! I found myself asking, what would happen if the entire church of Christ responded as my great staff did. And the answer came: "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" would be realized right here on Crabapple Road!

Way to respond, staff!

I also challenged them to make sure that they spent a good part of their focus on "making disciples for Christ" so that we would all have a part in Christ's transforming the world. Again, they responded so amazingly!

How lucky I am to head this staff.. AND to be the pastor of Northbrook... AND to be an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment